Monday, August 26, 2013

It's not about me.

I woke up this morning knowing that the reason I am seeing the light of another day is because of God's great mercy. It is because of His mercy that I got out of bed, that I ate breakfast, that I had clothes to put on. I am undeserving of all that I have, because I am a sinner. In fact, the only thing I actually deserve is death. And yet, God loved me so much that He sent his only begotten Son, Jesus, to die so that I may live. That's when I realize that it's not about me, it's about Him. I was made for His pleasure, for His glory, and to do His perfect Will. God is Holy, Sovereign, Creator, King, Omnipotent, Omnipresent, Omniscient, the Alpha, the Omega, and a wonderful loving Father. I should count it an incredible HONOUR to serve Him. Thanks to Jesus, I have that chance... the whole WORLD has that chance if only they would believe.

Yesterday at church we sang the old hymn, 'It is well with my soul'. It is a very large congregation so there were many voices, and the sound of all these voices lifting up this beautiful hymn to God was absolutely glorious. My heart was moved with such emotion and praise for the Lord, because He is worthy of all this and so much more. He shaped us and formed us, He gave us our being and our voices. He is worthy of all our praises.

So you see, it's not about me... it's about HIM.

"Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever" - Revelations 5:12-13

1 comment: